As of October 2, the industry's most popular venipuncture training video is now available on DVD.
The DVD version replaces the Second Edition, which was released in 2010 and has since become the most widely used venipuncture training video in the industry. Facilities and academic institutions in 20 countries around the world use Basic Venipuncture to train their staff and students to perform venipunctures. The title was released in streaming format in August on the Phlebotomy Channel.
Features of the 3rd edition include:
- Completely updated to reflect the newly revised CLSI venipuncture standard;
- Completely new script, narrator, and organization of the material;
- Filmed in high-definition;
- 12-minutes longer than the 2nd edition;
- Closed captioned by the National Captioning Institute.
"Basic Venipuncture is the gold standard for venipuncture training," says Dennis J. Ernst MT(ASCP), NCPT(NCCT) who wrote, produced and directed the video. "I've poured my heart and soul into this to make it impeccably accurate and graphically appealing. After 18 months of development and filming, and 15 rounds of editorial revisions, this is one of the most polished productions I've ever released. The gold standard just became platinum."
A preview clip is available on the Center's web site.